Creating Video for Corporate Communications and the Web
This video training course covers how to create top-quality corporate video content without hiring professional equipment or crews. You will learn to plan, script, storyboard, interview and edit to maximise online impact. Topics include working with cameras, sound, lighting and software for high-standard video.
This course is available face-to-face (two full days) or in a shortened version live online (two half-days).
- Face to face (Dubai) | Two full days | Media One Hotel | $1395 +VAT
- Live online (Zoom) | Two half-days | 10:00-14:00 London time | $695
Also available on request in US / Asia timezones
This module helps you get the planning right at the very beginning to help you create the very best corporate videos:
- Video content strategy
- Choosing topics, concepts and stories for videos
- Selecting the right type and format of video
- Creating a storyboard
- Drafting a video script
Looking good on camera
This practical module covers a range of fundamental techniques for creating a professional-looking video:
- Interview techniques
- Speaking to camera
- Lighting and composition
- Microphones and sound
Video production workshop
The best way to learn how to create your own videos is to do it yourself with senior feedback and guidance. In this practical workshop, you will create your own videos, practicing the new techniques that you learned.
- Editing and post-production
- Basic editing tips: topping and tailing videos, when to call in the experts
- Voiceovers and subtitles: when to use them, how to use them in a video, practical tips
Online video sharing
This module coveres how to get more leverage out of your video on social media.
- Making your video social
- Deciding which platforms to use to disseminate your video
- Creating a content strategy to ensure that your video is part of a larger plan for engagement
What you will learn
After this course you will be able to:
Plan a video, create a storyboard and develop a script for your corporate video
Understand the techniques for conducting good interviews on camera
Feel confident speaking to camera
Be aware of professional filming techniques, including lighting, sound and composition
Understand basic editing techniques in video making
Create a content strategy to make your video go social
Who should attend?
This is an intermediate-level course designed for learners with existing knowledge and several years of experience in PR, marketing or communication. Learning is pitched at a level to help you develop strategic approaches and apply sophisticated techniques. This course is recommended for communications practitioners who want to create in-house videos for their organisation.