Crisis Communication Management
This two-part live online crisis training course covers strategy, planning, systems and resources. You will learn to respond rapidly and defend reputation in media and online. Topics include risk mapping, teams, protocols, templates, systems, manuals and tools.
Two half-days | Monday-Tuesday | 10:00-14:00 London time | Live on Zoom | US$595
Crisis Communication Strategy
This module covers the core principles of crisis communication.
- Crisis communication strategy best practice
- Principles of reputation management
- Crisis dynamics: lessons for how crises originate and develop
- Stages of crisis communication
- Key ingredients and approaches to formulating a crisis communication strategy
Crisis Radar: Risk Assessment and Issues Mapping
This module covers practical tools and approaches for mapping problematic issues and potential sources of crisis.
- Understanding potential origins of reputational crisis
- Techniques to identify and prioritise likely sources of crisis
- How to conduct a reputation flashpoint audit
- Best practice on issues mapping and risk assessment
- Practical tools to map and prioritise reputational issues
Crisis Communication Systems and Planning
This module covers the organisational systems that you will need in place ready to respond to a crisis.
- Who does what in a crisis? Teams and roles
- Integrating communications with other departments in a crisis
- Crisis escalation protocols
- Coordination with top management and other departments
- Drafting a “Red book” (comprehensive crisis manual)
Communicating in Uncertain Times
This module covers how organisations should communicate with their stakeholders when “business as usual” is disrupted.
- How communication must change in uncertain times
- How to stay ahead of the curve
- How to identify and prioritise your stakeholders (who is listening, and who should be)
- How to define a response (adapting positioning to sensitive situations)
- How to get your message out
What you will learn
After this course you will be able to:
- Establish your organisation’s readiness for crisis communication activities to mitigate reputational damage
- Lead the process of creating a crisis strategy
- Conduct a reputational risk assessment and issues mapping process
- Set up crisis and issues monitoring systems
- Create crisis communication systems, teams, protocols, resources and plans using straightforward templates and international best practice
- Apply practical crisis management tools and ideas to your job
Who should attend?
This is an intermediate-level course designed for learners with existing knowledge and several years of experience in communications or PR. Learning is pitched at a level to help you develop strategic approaches and apply sophisticated techniques. This course is recommended for anyone who may be involved in managing the communications response to a crisis affecting their organisation, either behind the scenes or as a spokesperson.