Writing for Social Media and the Web
This two-part live online social media writing training course covers writing for all Web platforms. You will learn to write in a way that makes ideas resonate and stick in the digital world. Topics include drafting content for websites, blogs, social media and many other platforms.
Two half-days | Wednesday-Thursday | 10:00-14:00 London time | Live on Zoom | US$595
Principles of Writing for Online Readership
This module explores how to write content for the Web, social media and mobile devices that gets read.
- Discover how people read differently on social media compared to the Web
- Learn to write for mobile devices and apps
- Five key principles for shareable social media writing
- Workshops: writing headlines that get noticed; writing for apps; how to make your company’s social media content shareable
Web Content Strategies
This module covers the foundations for social media writing success.
- Establishing social media purpose and strategy for your company
- Get your audience to tell you what to write
- Workshop: develop a content strategy framework to streamline messaging
Writing Text that Search Engines Like
This module covers strategies to ensure your social media writing is discoverable.
- Building a social media ecosystem
- The importance of search algorithms in social media
- Optimisation tips for the main six social media platforms
This module covers writing for the social media platforms that increasingly dominates people’s consumption of information online.
- Style, tone and language for social media writing
- Highly engaging content and writing themes
- Blog etiquette
- Social media writing tips by platform plus bonus material
- Writing responses to comments and reviews
What you will learn
After this course you will be able to:
- Visualise how people read and consume information differently online and apply it your own writing
- Articulate the fundamental differences between writing for paper and writing for electronic delivery
- Adapt and re-edit texts to optimise them for web reading
- Write website content that is easy for online readers to navigate and digest
- Apply keyword strategies for search engine optimisation so that your content gets discovered
- Write content for blogs and social media that inspires people to follow and share
- Distil your writing down into its purest, simplest form for micro-formats like Twitter and SMS
Who should attend?
This is an intermediate-level course designed for learners with existing knowledge and several years of experience in communications or PR. Learning is pitched at a level to help you develop strategic approaches and apply sophisticated techniques. This course is recommended for all professionals who create communication texts, since almost all written content is destined for the Web in some form.