Social Media Strategy
This social media strategy course covers innovation in strategic online engagement. You will learn to evaluate your social media world and design a strategy to engage there. Topics include case studies, creating an online strategy, practical systems and processes.
This course is available both live online and face-to-face.
- Face to face (Dubai) | One full day | Media One Hotel | $695 +VAT
- Live online (Zoom) | Two half-days | 10:00-14:00 London time | $695
Also available on request in US / Asia timezones
Social media landscape
This module covers the state of the art in online communications: understanding the landscape, themes, trends and principles that are essential to success
- Harnessing and aligning online communication to serve business goals
- Letting go: why the illusion of control is more dangerous than the reality of exposure
- Learning to love the messy, distributed, interactive, immersive online environment
- Participatory PR: communicating “with” not “at” in interactive conversation
- "Message as medium”: content-driven communication
This module examines the strategic implications for organisations engaging online in the context of the latest social media trends and developments, through the prism of a series of case studies of good and bad practice.
- International best practice
- Future trends
Social media strategy
This module covers best practice in designing a rigorous and comprehensive online strategy
- Step-by-step guide to creating an online communication strategy
- Integrating online communication with business
- Mapping your online world: identifying the platforms and influencers that matter to you
- Online monitoring: activating your social media radar
- Online media ecosystem: owned, paid and earned
Social media governance
This module covers how to design social media guidelines, roles and policies for your organisation based on international best practice.
- Systems, policies and processes, resources
- Defining social media roles and responsibilities
- Creating your own social media policy
- Reputational risk assessment
- Rolling out and policing social media policies
What you will learn
After this course you will be able to:
Adopt best practice based on case studies of highly successful approaches to online communication
Create an online communication strategy for your organisation
Design systems and processes to guide and enable your organisation to engage in online social media
Who should attend?
This is an intermediate-level course designed for learners with existing knowledge and several years of experience in communications or PR. Learning is pitched at a level to help you develop strategic approaches and apply sophisticated techniques. This course is recommended for communications, PR and marketing professionals at all levels whose role includes strategies and tactics for engagement with online social media on behalf of their organisation. It is also suitable for managers and executives responsible for managing and supervising this activity at a strategic level.