Reputation and Issues Management
This issues management training course covers defending corporate reputation. You will learn new strategies and practical approaches for stakeholder communication. Topics include contemporary best practice on authenticity and ethical business practice.
This course is available both live online and face-to-face.
- Face to face (Dubai) | One full day | Media One Hotel | $695 +VAT
- Live online (Zoom) | Two half-days | Wednesday-Thursday | 10:00-14:00 London time | $695
Also available on request in US / Asia timezones
Strategic reputation management
This module covers universal principles, concepts and modern best practice underlying reputation and issues management.
- Reputation drivers
- Shaping online perceptions
- Different tools for stakeholder mapping
- Outside in and inside out perceptions
Reputation, authenticity and ethics
This module examines the components and content of reputational value in the current communication environment, with a focus on authentic practices.
- The role of corporate responsibility
- Shaping your organisation’s reputation
- Authentic communications
- Creating and living corporate values
This module covers the practicalities of reputation management through multiple communication channels, including in challenging situations.
- Managing reputations and perceptions in different circumstances
- Building confidence and trust
- Engaging with stakeholders in a crisis
- Tools and examples for bridging the “perception gap” with stakeholders
Strategic issues management
This module covers issues management from a big-picture perspective: the role of reputation as an organisation’s social “licence to operate”.
- Understanding your organisation’s reputation drivers
- Managing risk and reputation for your organisation
- Creating a strategic issues management system within your organisation
- Applying a strategic approach from group to local level
What you will learn
After this course you will be able to:
- Understanding of what reputation and issues management is and involves
- Take a strategic approach and demonstrate value to/ engage the organisation
- Understand the need for engagement and authenticity in a “bottom up”
- Navigate reputational issues in social media
- Appreciate the implications of corporate responsibility both for communications professionals, but also for the wider organisation
Who should attend?
This is an advanced-level course designed for learners in senior roles, aspiring to mastery and innovation. Learning is pitched at a level to help you to synthesise best practice and direct strategic implementation. This course is recommended for senior communicators who are looking at building a strategic approach to reputation and issues management for their organisation.