Protocol and Etiquette Management
This protocol and etiquette course covers how to navigate high-profile encounters with style. You will learn the written and unwritten rules of official protocol and business etiquette. Topics include all key conventions, rules, customs, norms and cross-cultural variations.
This course is available face-to-face (two full days) or in a shortened version live online (two half-days).
- Face to face (Dubai) | Two full days | Media One Hotel | $1390 +VAT
- Live online (Zoom) | Two half-days | 10:00-14:00 London time | $695
Also available on request in US / Asia timezones.
This course runs in English. It is also available on request in Arabic, with a focus on GCC protocol.
- Differences between protocol, etiquette and hosting
- Social etiquette vs business and diplomatic etiquette
- Understanding international differences
- Introductions – the art of making conversation
- Meeting, greeting and receiving
- Email etiquette
- Business correspondence
- Culture, protocol and cross-cultural sensitivities
- Communicating with different cultures
- Gift giving and receiving
- Dining etiquette and attire
- Dining etiquette for different occasions
- Entertaining – including reception lines, dinners and parties
Preparing and hosting VIP visits and occasions
- Hosting senior dignitaries
- Hosting royalty, politicians and diplomats
- Bilateral and multi-lateral events
- Orders of precedence
- Ranking orders
Protocol and etiquette for VIPs
- Greeting and assisting VIPs
- Seating plans and arrangements
- Royal and diplomatic protocol
- Forms of address
- Invitations and RSVPs
- Protocol logistics
- Place cards
Meet your trainers
Following are some of the ISOC trainers who regularly lead this course, depending whether you join us in London, Dubai or live online.
Trainer profile: Israa Shaheen
Israa is a Certified Business Etiquette & International Protocol Consultant. Born and raised in the UAE, Israa has obtained her MBA degree in Leadership & HRM from University of Dubai. Prior to entering the Etiquette & Protocol field, she worked in both Public & Private sectors in the UAE, through which she gained an ideal mixed experience. Israa’s passion lies in empowering people to become more confident, courteous and professional in business and social situations, through equipping them with the essential etiquette and protocol knowledge for them to succeed personally and professionally.
Trainer profile: Jenni Perry
Jenni is a senior communications professional, PR consultant and strategist. She has extensive experience within the UK Government Communications Network, working closely with Ministers and senior policy officials across various departments including Trade and Industry, and for prominent Royalty. In the corporate world, Jenni was UK head of public relations for global pharmaceutical group Pfizer, where as a member of the European communications team she was responsible for PR and media training across the organisation. Her experience includes strategic public relations, corporate communications, press office development, media relations, public affairs, sponsorship management, crisis communications, corporate social responsibility and writing.
Trainer profile: Sarah Cocker
Sarah is a dynamic communicator with over 20 years’ experience in media, finance and business. Her international experience in banking, and as one of CNBC’s key anchors, makes her at ease dealing with leaders and experts from industry, government and academia. A skilled listener and coach, Sarah enjoys working with clients to help them define and achieve their objectives. Her coaching experience includes training blue-chip executives in public speaking and techniques for challenging television interviews. Her international career has given her an understanding of the cultural and working practices in the Europe, Asia, the Middle East, North and South America.
What you will learn
After this course you will be able to:
- Understand the universal principles of protocol, etiquette, courtesy and manners
- Display cultural sensitivity across international dynamics
- Navigate and manage interpersonal dynamics in important encounters
- Make a good impression and avoid causing offence or embarrassment in high profile situations
- Display appropriate international business etiquette in many contexts
- Prepare and host VIP visits and formal occasions
- Interact respectfully with people from many cultures, nations and regions
Who should attend?
This is an intermediate-level course designed for learners with existing knowledge and several years of experience in communications or PR. Learning is pitched at a level to help you develop strategic approaches and apply sophisticated techniques. This course is recommended for anyone required to interact with important individuals and concerned to ensure that these interactions pass off as professionally as possible.