Presentation Training and Public Speaking
The flagship ISOC two-day presentation training course builds presence and impact in active workshops. You will learn voice and body language drills with an inspirational presentation coach. The course uses video playback and supportive feedback in a relaxed atmosphere.
This course is available both live online and face-to-face.
- Face to face (Dubai): Two full days | Media One Hotel | Mobile TV studio | $1390 +VAT
- Live online (Zoom): Two half-days | Wednesday-Thursday | 10:00-14:00 London time | $695
Also available on request in US / Asia timezones
Public speaking is a skill best learned by doing. This course alternates between theory and practice: you will learn a new technique, then put it into action by standing up and presenting. It’s a positive reinforcement cycle between practice and feedback. It’s a great experience to feel yourself installing new skills and to see yourself growing in confidence and impact.
Each time you present, we will record and replay your performance for constructive, positive feedback and coaching so that you can internalise the learning and feel how much you have improved.
We will ask you to come prepared with some content that you will find useful to practice presenting. Having something relevant to speak about will help you to get the most out of the course. People focusing on business presentations usually bring a PowerPoint slide deck. People preparing for speeches may bring a script; for informal speaking or MC/hosting duties it might be just talking points.
Your subject matter doesn’t have to be polished or fully formed: a handful of slides or bullet-point notes is fine. Bite-size is best, because each speaking slot in the course is short, typically two to four minutes. If you would like to practice a longer piece, we’ll break it down and work section by section as the programme unfolds.
Voice and body language
This module covers how to enhance physical presence and maximise vocal impact.
- Self-awareness and physical confidence
- Movement and gesture
- Posture and stance
- Engagement and energy
- Breathing and vocal projection
Content, framing and structuring
This module covers a step-by-step process to design ideas and slides for maximum impact.
- Authority: how to position yourself as a subject matter expert
- Clarity: how to order and explain ideas for optimal understanding
- Visuals: how best to display words and images to complement your delivery
- Proven techniques to appeal to your audience’s emotions
- Storytelling techniques to capture your audience’s attention
This module covers how to have a positive impact in videoconferences, online presentations and webinars.
- How to set up your space to look and sound your best
- Mastering technology and interaction
- Body language for online presentations
- Adapting content and material to be engaging online
This module covers tools and techniques for handling Q&As as part of a presentation.
- Preparing for questions in advance
- How to handle interruptions
- What to do if you don’t know the answer
- Techniques to answer difficult questions
What you will learn
After this course you will be able to:
- Feel confident delivering a presentation face to face and online
- Speak in public with confidence and authority
- Deliver more effective and convincing presentations
- Overcome nerves and fear of public speaking
- Project your voice to its fullest potential
- Optimise your body language
- Increase your awareness of how others see and hear you
Who should attend?
This is a universal course designed for learners at different levels and in a range of roles. Learning is pitched at a core level, designed to help you analyse core concepts and execute universal skills. This course is recommended for anyone who could perform better at public speaking.