Planning and Managing PR Campaigns
This one-day PR management training course covers how to translate strategy into results. You will learn to roll out campaigns smoothly, manage partners and troubleshoot suppliers. Topics include 10 universal campaign ingredients and a toolbox of techniques.
Two half-days | Live on Zoom | US$595
This module covers practical approaches and tools that you can use to lay sound foundations for campaigns that execute smoothly and deliver results.
- Planning toolbox: practical techniques for campaign design
- Tactic selection: choosing the right mix of PR tools
- Time planning: traditional (GANTT) and online (integrated digital) tools
- Resource planning: predicting what you will need to make it happen
- People, skills, management capacity, budget, outsource, contingency
This module describes and explores 10 classic platforms for PR campaigns that feature many effective communication plans.
- Briefing on the 10 universal campaign platforms
- Case study showcase of the universal platforms in action
- Workshops and structured discussion on how you can apply the platforms in your organisation
This module is a hands-on primer in how to apply best practice in project management to communication and PR campaigns at your organisation.
- Key ingredients and success factors in campaign project management
- Managing budgets, resources and project-critical relationships
- Managing external engagement (stakeholders, media, messages, channels)
- Monitoring and feedback: milestones and key performance indicators
- People management and team leadership
This module covers how to select, manage and troubleshoot the third-party organisations on whom the success of your campaign depends.
- Appointing the right agencies and partners: best practice approaches
- Hiring and appointing: get the contract and the relationship right
- Briefing and collaborating effectively
- Managing and troubleshooting agency issues
What you will learn
After this course you will be able to:
- Create a rigorous plan for a communication campaign
- Deploy practical PR campaign management tools
- Apply and adapt 10 universal platforms for creative PR tactics
- Project manage, troubleshoot and evaluate your own communication campaigns
- Appoint the right suppliers and agencies and manage them efficiently
Who should attend?
This is an intermediate-level course designed for learners with existing knowledge and several years of experience in communications or PR. Learning is pitched at a level to help you develop strategic approaches and apply sophisticated techniques. This course is recommended for all communications professionals up to and including director level who need to enhance their understanding and practical skills in planning and managing PR campaigns.