Working with Emotional Agility
This Emotional Agility training course covers the emotional tools for effective teamwork and team management. You will learn how to handle your emotions effectively, increase your resilience, and improve your performance. Topics include emotional agility development, dealing with stressful situations, and cultivating trust and transparency.
This course is a crossover between the worlds of professional soft skills and therapeutic self-development. It has a less “corporate” flavour than most ISOC courses, because managing emotions requires inner work (feeling) as well as practical tools (thinking).
This course is available both live online and face-to-face.
- Face to face (Dubai): Two full days | Media One Hotel | $1390 +VAT
- Live online (Zoom): Two half-days | 10:00-14:00 London time | $695
Also available on request in US / Asia timezones.
This course runs in English. It is also available on request in Arabic.
Understanding emotional agility
This module covers the fundamental principles of the emotional agility philosophy.
- Defining emotional agility: foundations and key applications
- Emotional agility vs emotional intelligence
- Agility vs rigidity
- Identifying emotionally dysfunctional “hooks”
Developing an emotionally agile mindset
This module covers research-based approaches to develop an emotional agility practice.
- Mapping and navigating your personal mind-body connection
- Facing and addressing thoughts, emotions and behaviours
- Practicing detached observation
- Moving on: introducing habit-tweaking techniques
Becoming an emotionally agile leader
This module covers how to develop an emotionally agile leadership style.
- Identifying essential leadership skills and qualities
- How leaders harness inner sensations and inner voices
- Leadership through perception (mind) and sensation (body)
- The subtle power of holding space
Cultivating emotional agility in your workplace
This module covers effective tools for building emotionally agile teams
- Developing a healthy and thriving workplace environment
- Increasing self-awareness, self-management, and an understanding of interpersonal dynamics
- Cultivating compassion and resilience as part of a team-centered culture
- The role of emotional agility in conflict resolution
Meet your trainers
Following are some of the ISOC trainers who regularly lead this course, depending whether you join us in London, Dubai or live online.
Trainer profile: Noor Obaidy
Noor is an international counsellor, therapist and trainer specialising in holistic approaches to personal development and healing. She applies a wide range of practical tools and approaches including meditation, movement and biodynamic breathwork to help people navigate and reconnect with their inner world and its connection with individual thriving, functional relationships and effective workplace interaction. In her corporate work, Noor coaches and supports professionals across a range of individual and interpersonal dimensions such as recognising feelings and identifying situational triggers. She applies a toolbox of practical psychological techniques to help people recalibrate habitual patterns into new behaviours that are much more functional in the workplace as well as in life in general. Noor holds a Batchelor’s degree in Biology Science and a Master’s in Applied Psychology from Middlesex University. She holds professional qualifications in Biodynamic Breathwork and Trauma Release, Family Constellation, Myofascial Energetic Release, Access Bars, Reiki, Yin Yoga, AUM Meditation, Sound Healing, Voice Embodiment and Osho Active Meditation. Noor works in English and Arabic.
What you will learn
After this course you will be able to:
- Incorporate Emotional Agility tools and techniques into your daily work
- Handle conflict and complex situations more efficiently
- Communicate more clearly with subordinates and managers
- Improve your working relationship with colleagues
- Develop successful and resilient teams
- Create a coaching and mentoring culture at your workplace
Who should attend?
This is a universal-level course designed for learners in mid- to senior-level roles, aspiring to successfully manage their teams. Learning is delivered at a level to help you understand, practice, and implement the presented tools and techniques.
This course is recommended for mid-level managers and directors who need to start building their teams or managing their teams more efficiently; and professionals aspiring to advance in their career into a managerial role.