Social Media Crisis Management
This social media crisis training course covers how to defend reputation online. You will develop judgment about when and where to engage and how to set the agenda online. Topics include online crisis strategy, monitoring, platforms and protocols for engagement.
This course is available face-to-face (one full day) or live online (two half-days).
- Face to face (Dubai): One full day | Media One Hotel | $695 +VAT
- Live online (Zoom): Two half-days | 10:00-14:00 London time | $695
Also available on request in US / Asia timezones
Online crisis communication
This module extracts best practice lessons from case studies of online communication by organisations facing a major reputational crisis.
- Digital dynamics in crisis communication: how social media spread and propagate reputation-critical information
- Identifying platforms and approaches for online intervention and engagement
This module is a practical how-to guide to using each of the main online technologies and platforms to defend your organisation’s reputation in a crisis situation.
- Integrating online channels in crisis response
- Twitter in a crisis
- Using Facebook in a crisis
- Using YouTube and multimedia in a crisis
- Using Google in a crisis: crisis search communications
Online crisis strategy
This module covers how to prepare digital systems, resources and policies so that your organisation is ready to engage immediately and comprehensively when a crisis strikes.
- Online issues tracking and monitoring
- Creating strategies, policies and systems enabling rapid decision-making and engagement
- Preparing online crisis resources: platforms and content ready to go live at a moment’s notice
- People and skills
- Online press office management in a crisis
Online crisis response
This module builds practical skills and experience of applying online tools in crisis communications, based around a hands-on rolling online crisis simulation workshop.
- Online crisis stakeholder engagement
- Messaging and positioning for online crisis communication
- Identifying and engaging online influencers
What you will learn
After this course you will be able to:
Understand the dynamics of online communication in breaking news on the real-time web
Apply international best practice in online crisis communication to your own organisation
Prepare and plan for crisis communication across all of the key social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
Respond and engage rapidly in online social media when a reputational crisis arises for your organisation
Who should attend?
This is an intermediate-level course designed for learners with existing knowledge and several years of experience in communications or PR. Learning is pitched at a level to help you develop strategic approaches and apply sophisticated techniques. This course is recommended for anyone who may be involved in the online communication response to a crisis affecting their organisation, either behind the scenes or in execution.