Crisis Communication Programme
This crisis communication training programme covers strategy, planning, resources and tactics. You will learn what it takes to respond decisively and defend reputation in a crisis. Topics include reputation and issues management, crisis communication strategy, resources and preparation, messaging and positioning, crisis response in social media and mainstream media, and crisis media training with on-camera coaching.
- Face to face (Dubai): Five days | Media One Hotel | $3,475 +VAT
Also available on request in US / Asia timezones
Day 1: Reputation and Issues Management
This module covers how to manage corporate reputation strategically in communication and stakeholder engagement.
- Strategic reputation management
- Reputation, authenticity and ethics
- Stakeholder engagement
- Strategic issues management
Day 2: Crisis Communication Management
This module covers how to ready your communication function to respond rapidly and effectively in a crisis, in order to manage perceptions in media and online.
- Crisis communication strategy
- Crisis radar: risk assessment and issues mapping
- Crisis systems, teams and protocols
- Crisis communication resources and planning
Day 3: Crisis Management in Social Media
This module covers how to take command of communication in a crisis situation across all key social platforms including Twitter, YouTube and Facebook.
- Principles of online crisis communication and PR
- Digital channels and platforms for crisis communications
- Online crisis communication strategy and planning
- Online crisis communication response and engagement
Day 4: Handling the Media in a Crisis
This module covers how to engage the press during a PR crisis and how to take control of communication in the crucial early moments after a negative news event.
- Rapid response: seizing the golden hour
- Crisis messaging and positioning
- Managing crisis news and media dynamics
Day 5: Crisis Media Training
This module covers how to speak with journalists and media in a crisis, including the opportunity for realistic on-camera interviews with positive and supportive coaching.
- Structured preparation using a step-by-step model
- Preparing crisis-appropriate positioning and messages
- Anticipating and preparing answers for likely questions
- Managing aggressive or pushy questioning
- Staying calm and dignified under persistent questioning
What you will learn
After this course you will be able to:
Prepare a crisis communication strategy and practical plan
Conduct crisis risk assessment including issues mapping
Design best-practice crisis communication systems, teams and protocols
Create crisis resources such as manuals and online platforms
Manage communication proactively during and after a crisis event
Create decisive crisis messages, positioning and response tactics response
Engage confidently with journalists and in social media during a crisis
Perform effectively even in the most challenging of crisis interviews
Who should attend?
This is an advanced-level course designed for learners in senior roles, aspiring to mastery and innovation. Learning is pitched at a level to help you to synthesise best practice and direct strategic implementation. This course is recommended for all those involved in planning, preparing and responding to a crisis affecting an organisation, whether as executive managers, spokespeople or communication professionals.