Creativity in Communications and PR
This communications and PR training course covers how to generate ideas for inspirational campaigns. You will unlock your creative potential to generate distinctive and innovative ideas. Topics include principles, sources, tools and techniques for creative generation.
This course is available both live online and face-to-face.
- Face to face (London) | One full day | £575 +VAT
- Face to face (Dubai) | One full day | Media One Hotel | $695 +VAT
- Live online (Zoom) | Two half-days | 10:00-14:00 London time | $695
Also available on request in US / Asia timezones.
This course runs in English. It is also available on request in Polish.
Creativity in PR
This module examines the principles of creativity and its importance for PR
- Understanding creativity: sources and definitions
- The role of creativity in PR and its importance in competitive communications
- Targeted creativity: matching creative thinking to audiences and objectives
- Creativity in the digital world: new platforms and techniques (e.g. buzz marketing, user-generated content)
- Success and failure factors for creativity
This module is a case-study driven rolling workshop in which learners examine the key success factors behind creative PR campaigns and extract practical lessons.
- Creativity case studies: 10 of the greatest creative PR campaigns of all time
- Analysing dimensions of creativity
- Content-driven creativity (e.g. extremes, novelty, spectacle)
- Effect-driven creativity (e.g. surprise, intrigue, delight)
- Platform-driven creativity (e.g. viral, experiential, stunts)
This module presents a toolbox of 10 practical creativity techniques and processes including well-tested classics and modern innovations.
- 10 practical creativity stimulation techniques
From creativity to reality
This module is an in-class creativity workshop applying all of the creativity concepts and techniques covered during the course.
- Extract best practice from case study showcase
- Apply creativity tools in a real-world context
- Generate creative PR ideas for your own organisation
- Reality check and plan practical applications
Meet your trainers
Following are some of the ISOC trainers who regularly lead this course, depending whether you join us in London, Dubai or live online.
Trainer profile: Izabela Hamilton
Izabela is a communications specialist and certified executive coach with more than 15 years' international experience in Europe, the United States and the Middle East. She managed the communications functions for prominent international brands including Jumeirah Group's flagship Burj Al Arab hotel, market intelligence group Euromonitor International, Incisive Media and Business Monitor International. Izabela's responsibilities and expertise include internal and external communication, crisis, events, media relations and coaching for public speaking. She delivers career and communication coaching for individuals and organisations of all sizes. She trains on many topics including soft skills, executive presence, communication strategy and reputation management.
Trainer profile: Anouska Leibovici
Anouska is a senior corporate trainer with over 20 years’ experience in hospitality, sales, marketing and events. She coaches, mentors and motivates individuals to achieve their potential in a range of disciplines including interpersonal communication, management and leadership skills. Anouska also works with companies as a business consultant as an advisor on strategy, operational KPIs, process improvement, employee engagement and HR issues such as skills, performance and training.
Anouska began her career managing sales, marketing and customer relations teams for loyalty programmes at leading hotels in the UK, China and Malaysia. Aas Director of Operations for Hotel Dynamics Middle East she was responsible for 16 programmes and 400 employees. She has also served as Assistant Vice President for a real estate company and as Director of Sales, Marketing and Events for an events company, responsible for planning, budgeting, branding, client management and delivery.
Trainer profile: Felice Hawley
Felice is a versatile editor, writer and broadcaster with in-depth experience of economic and business news. During a 16-year career at CNN, she helped create and then produce the award-winning live business programme “World Business Today”. Moving to text, Felice became Managing Editor of Hoover’s Online Europe, responsible for a team of journalists. She later went on to launch several websites, intranets, extranets and microsites. She writes, edits and manages content for organisations including Transport for London and the NHS. Felice consulted on web and print materials ahead of the 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games in London.
What you will learn
After this course you will be able to:
- Understand the principles and sources of creativity
- Generate creative ideas that get results
- Kick-start your creative thinking process
- Articulate the role and importance of creativity in modern PR
- Facilitate brainstorms and many other creativity processes using a new toolbox of techniques
- Apply creativity tools in a real-world context
Who should attend?
This is an intermediate-level course designed for learners with existing knowledge and several years of experience in communications or PR. Learning is pitched at a level to help you develop strategic approaches and apply sophisticated techniques. This course is recommended for communication and PR professionals, either agency or in-house.