Advanced Communication Strategy
This two-part live online communication strategy course is a masterclass for PR professionals. You will learn to research, design and justify a rigorous communication strategy. Topics include evidence based targeting, strategy alignment, and securing buy-in.
Two half-days | Weds-Thurs | 10:00-14:00 London time | Live on Zoom | US$595
This module covers how to design and develop a PR strategy using systematic processes.
- Communication strategy best practice and success factors
- Making strategy clear, simple and practical
- Step-by-step processes for creating a communication strategy
- Practical workshop
This module covers how to use objective research techniques to create a properly targeted communication strategy.
- Qualitative communication research: interviews, focus groups, observation
- Analysing and assimilating stakeholder research
- Quantitative communication research: content analysis, surveys, polling
- Setting evidence-based communication goals and key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Case study examples
This module covers specialised techniques for developing complex PR strategies.
- Integrating communication strategy with organisational strategy
- Aligning communication goals with business goals
- Evaluating which issues communication should target
- Defining values, personality and voice for strategic communication
This module covers how to get management support for ambitious PR strategies.
- Working with management to empower the communications function
- Communication and the Board: managing a charged relationship
- Presenting communication in the language of management
- Working with other departments and securing their support
What you will learn
After this course you will be able to:
- Design and develop a sophisticated communication strategy
- Design and conduct objective research for a communication strategy
- Use data and evidence to properly target a communication strategy
- Integrate communication strategy with organisational goals
- Present and justify a communication strategy persuasively to top management
Who should attend?
This is an advanced-level course designed for learners in senior roles, aspiring to mastery and innovation. Learning is pitched at a level to help you to synthesise best practice and direct strategic implementation. This course is recommended for PR managers and directors who need to develop or manage complex and multifaceted PR strategies; and agency professionals responsible for creating comprehensive and detailed PR strategies for clients.