Advanced Communication Strategy
This two-part communication strategy course is a masterclass for PR professionals. You will learn to research, design and justify a rigorous communication strategy. Topics include evidence based targeting, strategy alignment, and securing buy-in.
This course is available both live online and face-to-face.
- Face to face (London) | One day | £675 +VAT
- Face to face (Dubai) | One day | Media One Hotel | $795 +VAT
- Live online (Zoom) | Two half-days | 10:00-14:00 London time | $795
Also available on request in US / Asia timezones.
This module covers how to design and develop a PR strategy using systematic processes.
- Communication strategy best practice and success factors
- Making strategy clear, simple and practical
- Step-by-step processes for creating a communication strategy
- Practical workshop
This module covers how to use objective research techniques to create a properly targeted communication strategy.
- Qualitative communication research: interviews, focus groups, observation
- Analysing and assimilating stakeholder research
- Quantitative communication research: content analysis, surveys, polling
- Setting evidence-based communication goals and key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Case study examples
This module covers specialised techniques for developing complex PR strategies.
- Integrating communication strategy with organisational strategy
- Aligning communication goals with business goals
- Evaluating which issues communication should target
- Defining values, personality and voice for strategic communication
This module covers how to get management support for ambitious PR strategies.
- Working with management to empower the communications function
- Communication and the Board: managing a charged relationship
- Presenting communication in the language of management
- Working with other departments and securing their support
Meet your trainers
Following are some of the ISOC trainers who regularly lead this course, depending whether you join us in London, Dubai or live online.
Trainer profile: Izabela Hamilton
Izabela is a communications specialist and certified executive coach with more than 15 years' international experience in Europe, the United States and the Middle East. She managed the communications functions for prominent international brands including Jumeirah Group's flagship Burj Al Arab hotel, market intelligence group Euromonitor International, Incisive Media and Business Monitor International. Izabela's responsibilities and expertise include internal and external communication, crisis, events, media relations and coaching for public speaking. She delivers career and communication coaching for individuals and organisations of all sizes. She trains on many topics including soft skills, executive presence, communication strategy and reputation management.
Trainer profile: Felice Hawley
Felice is a versatile editor, writer and broadcaster with in-depth experience of economic and business news. During a 16-year career at CNN, she helped create and then produce the award-winning live business programme “World Business Today”. Moving to text, Felice became Managing Editor of Hoover’s Online Europe, responsible for a team of journalists. She later went on to launch several websites, intranets, extranets and microsites. She writes, edits and manages content for organisations including Transport for London and the NHS. Felice consulted on web and print materials ahead of the 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games in London.
Trainer profile: Sarah Cocker
Sarah is a dynamic communicator with over 20 years’ experience in media, finance and business. Her international experience in banking, and as one of CNBC’s key anchors, makes her at ease dealing with leaders and experts from industry, government and academia. A skilled listener and coach, Sarah enjoys working with clients to help them define and achieve their objectives. Her coaching experience includes training blue-chip executives in public speaking and techniques for challenging television interviews. Her international career has given her an understanding of the cultural and working practices in the Europe, Asia, the Middle East, North and South America.
What you will learn
After this course you will be able to:
- Design and develop a sophisticated communication strategy
- Design and conduct objective research for a communication strategy
- Use data and evidence to properly target a communication strategy
- Integrate communication strategy with organisational goals
- Present and justify a communication strategy persuasively to top management
Who should attend?
This is an advanced-level course designed for learners in senior roles, aspiring to mastery and innovation. Learning is pitched at a level to help you to synthesise best practice and direct strategic implementation. This course is recommended for PR managers and directors who need to develop or manage complex and multifaceted PR strategies; and agency professionals responsible for creating comprehensive and detailed PR strategies for clients.