Advanced Communications and PR Management
This two-part live online communication management course covers how to run PR teams and campaigns. You will learn to plan operations, define roles, design systems, manage agencies and organise a press office. Topics include developing campaign planning, platforms, measurement, policies, processes, resources and materials.
This course is available both live online and face-to-face.
- Face to face (London) | One day | £675 +VAT
- Face to face (Dubai) | One day | Media One Hotel | $795 +VAT
- Live online (Zoom) | Two half-days | 10:00-14:00 London time | $795
- Also available on request in US / Asia timezones.
- This course runs in English. It is also available on request in Polish.
PR and communications campaign planning
This module covers practical approaches and tools that you can use to lay sound foundations for campaigns that execute smoothly and deliver results.
- Principles and approaches to communication campaign planning
- Planning toolbox: practical techniques for campaign design
- Tactic selection: choosing the right mix of PR tools
- Time planning: traditional (GANTT) and online (integrated digital) tools
- Resource planning: predicting what you will need to make it happen
Campaign platforms and measurement
This module looks at how to further segment PR channels, how to choose the right campaign platforms and how to measure the success of your work.
- PR channels and tools
- Channel segmentation
- Creative campaign platforms
- Measuring communication success
Strategic and operational press office management
This module covers best practice in running a press office and the policies, procedures and protocols required.
- Role of the press office
- Goals and objectives
- Protocols and policies
- Workflow management
Leading and managing PR teams and agencies
This module covers how to structure, organise, develop and motivate a team of communication professionals.
- Team roles and workflow
- Nurturing and leading your team
- Leadership core competencies
- Working with PR agencies
- Setting performance KPIs
Meet your trainers
Following are some of the ISOC trainers who regularly lead this course, depending whether you join us in London, Dubai or live online.
Trainer profile: Izabela Hamilton
Izabela is a communications specialist and certified executive coach with more than 15 years' international experience in Europe, the United States and the Middle East. She managed the communications functions for prominent international brands including Jumeirah Group's flagship Burj Al Arab hotel, market intelligence group Euromonitor International, Incisive Media and Business Monitor International. Izabela's responsibilities and expertise include internal and external communication, crisis, events, media relations and coaching for public speaking. She delivers career and communication coaching for individuals and organisations of all sizes. She trains on many topics including soft skills, executive presence, communication strategy and reputation management.
Trainer profile: Felice Hawley
Felice is a versatile editor, writer and broadcaster with in-depth experience of economic and business news. During a 16-year career at CNN, she helped create and then produce the award-winning live business programme “World Business Today”. Moving to text, Felice became Managing Editor of Hoover’s Online Europe, responsible for a team of journalists. She later went on to launch several websites, intranets, extranets and microsites. She writes, edits and manages content for organisations including Transport for London and the NHS. Felice consulted on web and print materials ahead of the 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games in London.
Trainer profile: Sarah Cocker
Sarah is a dynamic communicator with over 20 years’ experience in media, finance and business. Her international experience in banking, and as one of CNBC’s key anchors, makes her at ease dealing with leaders and experts from industry, government and academia. A skilled listener and coach, Sarah enjoys working with clients to help them define and achieve their objectives. Her coaching experience includes training blue-chip executives in public speaking and techniques for challenging television interviews. Her international career has given her an understanding of the cultural and working practices in the Europe, Asia, the Middle East, North and South America.
What you will learn
After this course you will be able to:
- Analyse the roles and functions of an ideal communication department
- Articulate and implement strong guiding principles for press office management
- Create and adapt high quality policies, procedures, materials and resources
- Improve the efficient running of your own communication department
- Design and implement best-practice measurement and evaluation systems
- Manage and lead a PR team effectively
Who should attend?
This is an advanced-level course designed for learners in senior roles, aspiring to mastery and innovation. Learning is pitched at a level to help you to synthesise best practice and direct strategic implementation. This course is recommended for senior communications professionals responsible for designing or supervising a press office or communication team for any kind of organisation. It is suitable for anyone responsible for managing communication campaigns and programmes at a senior level.