Writing for Business
This one-day business writing training empowers professionals to write with greater impact. You will learn techniques to enhance clarity, accuracy, style and tone. Topics include rhythm and pace, sentence and paragraph construction, persuasion, quality, editing and proofreading.
This course is available both live online and face-to-face.
- Face to face (Dubai) | One full day | Media One Hotel | $695 +VAT
- Live online (Zoom) | Two half-days | 10:00-14:00 London time | $695
Also available on request in US / Asia timezones
- Six principles of business writing
- Grammar Quiz / Refresher
- The 5 Ws – what questions to ask before writing
- Putting yourself in the readers’ shoes
Clear and Concise Writing
- Developing a ‘Lean & Fit’ Writing Style
- Less is more: make powerful points using fewer words
- Active and passive voice
Rhythm and Pace
- Sentence and paragraph construction
- Bulleting information
- Punctuation to aid meaning
Style and Tone
- What makes an effective style of writing?
- How do we produce a professional tone?
- Persuasive writing
Structure and Planning
- Frameworking and outlining
- Narrative planning
- Information architecture
- Techniques for short and longer documents
- The Final Touches
- Avoiding time-consuming re-writes
- Logical approaches to proofreading
What you will learn
After this course you will be able to:
- Understand and follow the six principles of effective business writing
- Focus on and satisfy readers’ expectations
- Ensure your message is quickly understood and accepted by the reader
- Avoid word inflation
- Adopt a variety of preparation techniques
- Write convincing, persuasive and powerful documents that achieve their objectives
Who should attend?
This is an intermediate-level course designed for those who have experience of writing a variety of documents, and who want to develop their style of writing and sharpen their impact.