ESG Strategy and Communication
This short training course covers how to build effective Environmental, Social and Governance strategies and communicate effectively with stakeholders about ESG and CSR issues. You will learn practical frameworks for embedding responsible and sustainable practice in business and communications. Topics include stakeholder segmentation, creating strong ESG messages, omnichannel ESG campaigns and employee engagement around ESG.
This course is available face-to-face and in a shortened version live online.
- Face to face (London) | Two days | £1,350 +VAT
- Face to face (Dubai) | Two days | Media One Hotel | $1,590 +VAT
- Live online (Zoom) | Two half-days | 10:00-14:00 London time | $795
Also available on request in US / Asia timezones.
Introduction to ESG Strategy and Communication
This module covers the principles and rationale for ESG and approaches that you can use to develop an effective strategy for your own organisation.
- Understanding the concept and context of ESG and its growing role and significance in organisations
- Exploring the role of corporate communications in an organisation’s ESG strategy and initiatives
- Overview of key concepts, components and terminology in ESG strategy and communication
ESG Strategy and Reporting Frameworks
This module covers how to approach ESG strategy design and practical options for how to structure an ESG strategy.
- Introduction to global ESG strategy and reporting frameworks
- Understanding ESG reporting requirements and guidelines
- Case studies on effective ESG strategy and reporting
This module covers how to identify, group and prioritise the groups of internal and external stakeholders involved in or affected by the ESG strategy.
- Identifying key stakeholders and their expectations related to ESG
- Developing strategies for effective stakeholder engagement in ESG communication
- Audience - message matrix
This module covers how to generate and deploy effective positioning and narratives to ensure consistency around ESG topics.
- Crafting compelling narratives around ESG strategy, goals, initiatives and achievements
- Developing a key message framework
- Effective communication techniques for complex and nuanced ESG topics
Omnichannel Communications for ESG
This module covers how to select, coordinate and integrate the most effective and powerful communication channels for your ESG strategy or campaign.
- Exploring various communication channels
- Creating integrated communication campaigns to maximize ESG impact
- Leveraging technology for effective ESG communication
Monitoring, Measurement and Evaluation
This module covers how to define appropriate goals, objectives and metrics for ESG activities and communication about them in order to measure what is working and why.
- Establishing metrics and KPIs for evaluating the effectiveness of ESG communication
- Monitoring and measuring the impact of ESG initiatives
- Strategies for continuous improvement and adapting to changing ESG landscape
Internal Communications Around ESG
This module covers how to engage, educate and motivate employees around your organisation’s ESG vision.
- Embedding ESG strategy into the company culture, mission, vision and values
- Effective leadership engagement
- Fostering employee volunteerism
ESG Case Studies
This module examines and draws practical lessons from a set of topical examples of ESG strategy and communication in practice.
Meet your trainers
Following are some of the ISOC trainers who regularly lead this course, depending whether you join us in London, Dubai or live online.
Trainer profile: Anne Bleeker
Anne is a corporate communications professional with 20 years of international experience in multiple industries and highly multicultural environments. Coming from an in-house environment, Anne has been involved in the development, planning and management of communication strategies, internal and external communications campaigns, crisis communications and stakeholder engagement programmes for major organisations including the Jumeirah Group, Future Pipe Industries and the Rezidor Hotel Group. Anne holds a Bachelor degree in Hotel Administration from the Hotel School The Hague and a Masters of Business Administration (MBA) from the University of Colorado at Colorado Springs in the USA. She is a former board member of the Middle East Public Relations Association (MEPRA), a member of PRCA MENA and a member of the International Association of Business Communicators (IABC). Anne is Managing Partner of In2 Consulting, a boutique strategic communications agency based in Dubai, which she co-founded in 2010.
Trainer profile: Elena Yakunina
Elena is a successful communications and public relations professional with over 15 years’ experience. She led the communication functions at Ehrmann AG, Nestlé and GlaxoSmithKline in Russia and Eurasia. She is an expert in strategic communications, reputation management, media relations, social media engagement, personal and brand/product PR, crisis, change and transformation, CSR/sustainability and sponsorship programs. She has extensive experience in managing stakeholder relations and generating public support. She advises a number of organisations in the Middle East and Asia on strategic communications. Elena holds two master’s degrees in Economics and Management, and in Journalism. She studied leadership at the London Business School. Elena is a member of World Communication Forum Association (Davos, Switzerland). She speaks English, Russian and basic French.
Trainer profile: Jenni Perry
Jenni is a senior communications professional, PR consultant and strategist. She has extensive experience within the UK Government Communications Network, working closely with Ministers and senior policy officials across various departments including Trade and Industry, and for prominent Royalty. In the corporate world, Jenni was UK head of public relations for global pharmaceutical group Pfizer, where as a member of the European communications team she was responsible for PR and media training across the organisation. Her experience includes strategic public relations, corporate communications, press office development, media relations, public affairs, sponsorship management, crisis communications, corporate social responsibility and writing.
Trainer profile: Frances Barton
Frances is a communications specialist with more than 26 years’ experience in broadcast and print journalism, as well as public relations. Frances began her communications career by training in-house at BBC Northern Ireland. She later worked as a news editor and presenter for the BBC and also for Dubai Television and Radio. Frances served as editor-in-chief for a high-end lifestyle magazine and has also contributed articles to national newspapers in the UK and other countries. As a communications and PR professional, Frances specialises in media relations, employee engagement and crisis communications. Her clients have included major organisations such as Emirates Airline & Group, Dubai Airports, Dubai Airshow, American University of Sharjah and Dubai Tourism.
What you will learn
After this course you will be able to:
- Articulate sound approaches to ESG issues
- Quantify long-term practical and reputational benefits of ESG for your organisation
- Assess the PR risks and opportunities attached to ESG
- Define he fundamentals of good ESG communications
- Design and implement a ESG strategy for your organisation
- Plan effective community and employee engagement programmes and campaigns
- Leverage the results of ESG activity through effective communication
- Articulate and justify the rationale for your ESG programme
Who should attend?
This is an intermediate-level course designed for learners with existing knowledge and several years of experience in management, HR, communications or PR. Learning is pitched at a level to help you develop strategic approaches and apply sophisticated techniques.
This course is recommended for managers, executives, communication and PR professionals required to design, manage or evaluate CSR strategies, campaigns or activities.