This five-day social media training programme is a five-day social media training master-class on how to boost business and reputation with online engagement. It covers the full spectrum of concepts and techniques for strategic communication in social media. You will learn to create a rigorous online strategy, engage effectively on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube, provoke multimedia buzz, optimise your online space for search, and excel in digital crisis communications.
- Day 1: Social media strategy for communications and PR
- Days 2-3: Social media management for communications and PR
- Day 4: Reputation management in social media
- Day 5: Crisis management in social media
This is an intermediate-level course designed for learners with existing knowledge and several years of experience in communications or PR. Learning is pitched at a level to help you develop strategic approaches and apply sophisticated techniques.
This course is suitable for communications, PR and marketing professionals at all levels whose role includes strategies and tactics for engagement with online social media on behalf of their organisation.
After this course, you will be able to:
- Apply the principles and mechanisms of online PR and communications to create an online communication strategy for your organisation
- Engage stakeholders and execute powerful campaigns on Facebook, the dominant online social media platform
- Create and manage a YouTube channel as a hub for video blogging, podcasting and multimedia outreach
- Optimise your online output for discovery in Google searches using the science of Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
- Use Twitter and micro-blogging for intelligence, outreach, engagement and crisis communication
Day 1: social media strategy
This module is a practical guide to evaluating your social media world and crafting a strategy to engage in communication through online channels.
- Adopt best practice based on case studies of highly successful approaches to online communication
- Create an online communication strategy for your organisation
- Design systems and processes to guide and enable your organisation to engage in online social media
Days 2-3: management
This module covers how to engage strategically with your stakeholders on the key social media platforms.
- Social media communications landscape
- Participatory PR
- Strategic implications and case studies
- Step-by-step guide to creating an online communication strategy
- Integrating online communication with business
- Mapping your online world: identifying the platforms and influencers that matter to you
- Systems, policies and processes, resources
- Defining social media roles and responsibilities
- Creating your own social media policy
- Reputational risk assessment
Day 4: online reputation
This module covers how to shape perceptions and conversations using monitoring, search and content strategies.
- Search engine optimisation (SEO)
- Link and keyword strategies
- Optimising news releases and website content for social media and search
- Media engagement online
- Social media news releases
- Designing and managing an online newsroom
- Content strategies
Day 5: online crisis
This module covers the preparation and deployment of online communication strategies to defend and repair your reputation in online social media in the event of a crisis.
- Digital dynamics in crisis communication: how social media spread and propagate reputation-critical information
- Identifying platforms and approaches for online intervention and engagement
- Integrating online channels in crisis response
- Using Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Google in a crisis
- Online issues tracking and monitoring
- Creating strategies, policies and systems enabling rapid decision-making and engagement
- Preparing online crisis resources: platforms and content ready to go live at a moment’s notice
- Online crisis stakeholder engagement
- Messaging and positioning for online crisis communication
- Selecting and deploying the most powerful online tools and platforms in a crisis