This two-day social media management course covers how to conduct strategic public relations on the three dominant online social media platforms: Facebook, YouTube and Twitter. You will learn to unlock the communication potential of each platform’s tools and features in everyday communication as well as creative campaigns. The course also covers new and emerging platforms and technologies that should be on your radar.
This course covers the following modules:
- Secondary and emerging platforms
This is an intermediate-level course designed for learners with existing knowledge and several years of experience in communications or PR. Learning is pitched at a level to help you develop strategic approaches and apply sophisticated techniques.
This course is recommended for communications, PR and marketing professionals at all levels whose role includes strategies and tactics for engagement with online social media on behalf of their organisation. It is also suitable for managers and executives responsible for managing and supervising this activity at a strategic level.
After this course, you will be able to:
- Professionally manage profiles, channels and feeds for your organisation on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter
- Plan, create and regularly update engaging content for all of your social media properties
- Interact and engage with stakeholders on all of the key platforms
- Prepare and execute integrated communication campaigns across different social media
This module is a straightforward and practical best practice guide to design and functionality for your organisation’s Facebook page
- Facebook page design and functionality
- Day to day Facebook management: engaging and interacting with users
- Building a community around your Facebook profile
- Creating engaging content that inspires followers to share
- Case studies of the world’s most successful Facebook communications campaigns
- Integrating Facebook with broad mixed-media publicity and behaviour change campaigns
- Step-by-step best practice guide to designing and executing a Facebook campaign
This module covers how to harness the power of YouTube as the video platform of choice and a major search engine for the new generation.
- Principles of online multimedia in strategic communications and public relations
- Creating and managing a YouTube channel
- Content strategies and creative campaigns: how to create ideas and multimedia content that generate buzz and viral network effects
- Multimedia thought leadership: video blogging and podcasting
This module covers the enormous range of strategic communications applications of the Twitter micro-blogging platform.
- Principles of twitter in PR and marketing
- Practicalities, style, etiquette
- Twitter radar: trending, monitoring and metrics
- Twitter as early warning radar for crisis and issues
- Twitter management: accounts, automation, client applications, embedding, integration
- Twitter content, outreach and engagement: campaigning, interacting and engaging
Secondary and emerging platforms
This module covers a range of other useful platforms that may form part of your social media armoury, as well as a selection of newly arrived and likely future candidates that should be on your radar as a social media communicator.
Social Media Management for Communications and PR is a standalone course — but you can also take it as part of one of the following longer Programmes: