This intermediate-level public relations training programme covers five essential pillars of professional development in PR. You will learn innovative approaches to social media strategy, crisis communication management, communication strategy development, PR planning and corporate social responsibility.
- Day 1: Social Media Strategy
- Day 2: Crisis Communication Management
- Day 3: Communication Strategy Design and Development
- Day 4: Planning and managing PR campaigns
- Day 5: Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
This is an intermediate-level course designed for learners with existing knowledge and several years of experience in communications or PR. Learning is pitched at a level to help you develop strategic approaches and apply sophisticated techniques.
This course is recommended for communications and PR specialists seeking a mid-career boost and skills update as part of their professional development.
- Adopt best practice based on case studies of highly successful approaches to online communication
- Create an online communication strategy for your organisation
- Design systems and processes to guide and enable your organisation to engage in online social media
- Establish readiness for crisis communication to mitigate reputational damage
- Lead the process of creating a crisis strategy
- Conduct a reputational risk assessment and issues mapping process
- Analyse, map and prioritise your organisation’s stakeholders
- Select the most effective communication channels for your messages
- Conduct a communications audit and situation analysis
- Design a clear, concise, integrated communication strategy
- Plan a communication campaign rigorously using practical tools
- Articulate sound approaches to social responsibility
- Quantify long-term practical and reputational benefits of CSR for your organisation
- Design and implement a CSR strategy for your organisation
- Plan effective community and employee engagement programmes and campaigns
Day 1: Social Media Strategy
This module covers how to create a strong and effective social media strategy.
- Social media communications landscape
- Strategic implications and case studies
- Social media strategy development
- Social media governance and policies
Day 2: Crisis Communication Management
This module covers how to repair corporate reputation in a crisis by communicating rapidly and effectively.
- Crisis communication strategy
- Crisis radar: risk assessment and issues mapping
- Crisis systems, teams and protocols
- Crisis communication resources and planning
Day 3: Communication strategy design and development
This module covers how to create a rigorous communication and PR strategy using a powerful but straightforward development model.
- Principles and essentials of communication strategy
- Stakeholder mapping and channel segmentation
- Channels and tactics
- Positioning and messages
Day 4: Planning and managing PR campaigns
This module covers the complete process of translating communication strategy into real-world results.
- Communication campaign planning
- Universal platforms for effective campaigns
- Practical communication project management
- Managing suppliers and working with agencies
Day 5: Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
This module covers how to build goodwill through holistic business practices, community and employee engagement.
- Principles and essentials of corporate responsibility
- Building best practice into a CSR strategy
- Designing CSR programmes
- Implementing CSR programmes