- Format: two half-day webinars on consecutive days (Monday-Tuesday).
- Duration: each webinar lasts 3.5 hours including a mid-session break.
- Schedule: see “upcoming start dates” for the next start date.
- Timing: each webinar starts at 09:00 GMT = 10:00 London time (BST) = 13:00 Dubai time (GST).
This course covers the following modules:
- Blogging and content production
- Media engagement online
- Search engine optimisation (SEO)
- Monitoring and engagement
This is an intermediate-level course designed for learners with existing knowledge and several years of experience in communications or PR. Learning is pitched at a level to help you develop strategic approaches and apply sophisticated techniques.
This course is recommended for communications, PR and marketing professionals at all levels whose role includes strategies and tactics for engagement with online social media on behalf of their organisation. It is also suitable for managers and executives responsible for managing and supervising this activity at a strategic level.
After this course you will be able to:
- Understand the mechanisms through which content and search define your organisation’s reputation
- Design monitoring systems to deliver intelligence about your reputation in social media
- Influence what Google says about you including the science of Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
- Create engaging Web content designed to catch the attention of Google, including social media news releases
- Design a blogging strategy for your organisation
Monitoring and engagement
This module covers how to set up tracking and monitoring systems that will deliver practical intelligence on the issues and influencers who are shaping your reputation in social media.
- Tracking tools and strategies
- Mapping influencers, allies and issues
- Rules of engagement
Search engine optimisation (SEO)
This module covers techniques and strategies to ensure that your organisation and its content appear prominently in Google results when people that matter to you make relevant searches.
- Link strategies
- Keyword strategies
- Optimising news releases and website content for social media and search
Media engagement online
This module covers how to engage with and manage journalist’s media online in order to shape and facilitate third party coverage of your messages and issues.
- Social media news releases
- Online media resources
- Designing and managing an online newsroom
Blogging and content production
This module deals with planning and managing your own organisational blog and engaging with third party blogs in support of your organisation’s communication strategy.
- Content strategies
- Thought leadership
- Organisational engagement
- Blogger relations: promoting news to blogs, and responding to blog coverage
- Voice, style and tone: giving your organisation a genuine, likeable personality
Reputation Management in Social Media is a standalone course — but you can also take it as part of one of the following longer Programmes: