This two-part live online protocol course covers how to navigate high-profile encounters with style. You will learn the written and unwritten rules of official protocol and business etiquette. Topics include all key conventions, rules, customs, norms and cross-cultural variations.
- Format: two half-day live online training sessions on consecutive days (Monday-Tuesday).
- Schedule: see “upcoming start dates” for the next start date.
- Duration: each interactive online class lasts 3.5 hours including a mid-session break.
- Interface: high-definition live videoconference with enhanced training features.
- Content: best-practice briefings, videos, interactive workshops and high-level discussions.
- Timing: each session starts at 09:00 GMT = 10:00 London time (BST) = 13:00 Dubai time (GST).
If you would like us to run this course at a different time, please get in touch.
- Differences between protocol, etiquette and hosting
- Social etiquette vs business and diplomatic etiquette
- Understanding international differences
- Introductions – the art of making conversation
- Meeting, greeting and receiving
- Email etiquette
- Business correspondence
- Culture, protocol and cross-cultural sensitivities
- Communicating with different cultures
- Gift giving and receiving
- Dining etiquette and attire
- Dining etiquette for different occasions
- Entertaining – including reception lines, dinners and parties
Preparing and hosting VIP visits and occasions
- Hosting senior dignitaries
- Hosting royalty, politicians and diplomats
- Bilateral and multi-lateral events
- Orders of precedence
- Ranking orders
Protocol and etiquette for VIPs
- Greeting and assisting VIPs
- Seating plans and arrangements
- Royal and diplomatic protocol
- Forms of address
- Invitations and RSVPs
- Protocol logistics
- Place cards
Who should attend?
This is an intermediate-level course designed for learners with existing knowledge and several years of experience in communications or PR. Learning is pitched at a level to help you develop strategic approaches and apply sophisticated techniques. This course is recommended for anyone required to interact with important individuals and concerned to ensure that these interactions pass off as professionally as possible.
What you will learn
After this course you will be able to:
- Understand the universal principles of protocol, etiquette, courtesy and manners
- Display cultural sensitivity across international dynamics
- Navigate and manage interpersonal dynamics in important encounters
- Make a good impression and avoid causing offence or embarrassment in high profile situations
- Display appropriate international business etiquette in many contexts
- Prepare and host VIP visits and formal occasions
- Interact respectfully with people from many cultures, nations and regions