This four-session live online event management training course covers strategy, design and delivery. You will learn hands-on skills and tricks of the trade from veteran event managers. Topics include planning and execution as well as strategy, management and troubleshooting.
- Format: four half-day live online training sessions.
- Schedule: see “upcoming start dates” for the next start date.
- Duration: each interactive online class lasts 3.5 hours including a mid-session break.
- Interface: high-definition live videoconference with enhanced training features.
- Content: best-practice briefings, videos, interactive workshops and high-level discussions.
- Timing: each session starts at 09:00 GMT = 10:00 London time (BST) = 13:00 Dubai time (GST).
If you would like us to run this course at a different time, please get in touch.
This module covers top-level options and decisions for event strategy
- Event type decision factors
- Event strategy
- The 10 pillars of event organisation
This module presents a systematic approach to event design.
- Key components of event design
- Developing programmes and branding
- Sourcing venues and materials
- Handling third-party suppliers
This module covers the step-by-step process of preparing for an event.
- Creating event timelines and critical paths
- Setting realistic budgets
- Managing teams
- Organising systems and logistics
This module covers the practicalities of delivering a smoothly run event.
- Event delivery on the day
- Handling speakers and delegates
- Crisis contingency management
- Evaluation and follow-up
Strategy design for major events
This module zooms out for a strategic perspective on events.
- Role in business and communication strategy
- Event strategy frameworks and blueprints
- Planning and risk assessment
Project management for strategic events
This module takes a management perspective to preparing events.
- Putting together an event team
- Selecting, managing and negotiating with suppliers
- Supervising event project management
On the day – directing high-profile events
This module examines the leadership perspective on the delivery of events.
- Managing event teams
- Coordinating suppliers
- Troubleshooting and crisis management
- Evaluation and reporting
On the day – chairing, hosting and facilitating
This module handles some of the key practical tasks required of event leaders.
- Introducing event segments and speakers
- Chairing and moderating panels
- Facilitating discussions and Q&As
- Hosting VIPs