This two-part live online CSR training course covers how to build a CSR strategies and programmes. You will learn practical approaches for responsible and sustainable business practice. Topics include reputational impact assessment and running employee engagement programmes.
- Format: two half-day live online training sessions on consecutive days (Monday-Tuesday).
- Schedule: see “upcoming start dates” for the next start date.
- Duration: each interactive online class lasts 3.5 hours including a mid-session break.
- Interface: high-definition live videoconference with enhanced training features.
- Content: best-practice briefings, videos, interactive workshops and high-level discussions.
- Timing: each session starts at 09:00 GMT = 10:00 London time (BST) = 13:00 Dubai time (GST).
If you would like us to run this course at a different time, please get in touch.
Principles and essentials of corporate responsibility
This module covers the principles and rational for CSR and approaches that you can use to develop an effective strategy for your own organisation.
- Corporate responsibility, corporate citizenship and corporate community involvement
- Social trends and corporate strategy
- International standards and recommendations
- Integrating social responsibility into corporate culture
- The business case for CSR
Building best practice into a CSR strategy
This module covers the core concepts underlying the application of strategic CSR.
- ‘Triple bottom line’ thinking: financial, environmental and social responsibility
- Building a CSR strategy
- CSR reporting and global rankings
Designing CSR programmes
This module reviews practical approaches to designing and planning CSR activity.
- How to create an appropriate and effective CSR programme for your organisation
- Tried and tested platforms and approaches to CSR programme design
- Structures, systems, roles and responsibilities
- Cross-sector collaboration: choosing the right cause
- Developing cross-sector partnering programmes
Implementing CSR programmes
This module covers hands-on techniques to energise workforce in CSR programmes, and create genuine engagement with communities whose lives your organisation touches.
- Leveraging community involvement: maximising both social and business benefits
Distinguishing strategic community involvement from sponsoring and philanthropy
- Advanced involvement: contributing corporate core competences
- Employee volunteering as a strategic HR tool
- Involving employees: tools for motivating and activating
Who should attend?
This is an intermediate-level course designed for learners with existing knowledge and several years of experience in management, HR, communications or PR. Learning is pitched at a level to help you develop strategic approaches and apply sophisticated techniques.
This course is recommended for managers, executives, communication and PR professionals required to design, manage or evaluate CSR strategies, campaigns or activities.
What you will learn
After this course you will be able to:
- Articulate sound approaches to social responsibility
- Quantify long-term practical and reputational benefits of CSR for your organisation
- Assess the PR risks and opportunities attached to CSR
- Define he fundamentals of good social responsibility communications
- Design and implement a CSR strategy for your organisation
- Plan effective community and employee engagement programmes and campaigns
- Leverage the results of CSR activity through effective communication
- Articulate and justify the rationale for your CSR programme