This two-part live online communication strategy training course is a recipe for PR strategy design. You will learn a practical system for building a clear and well integrated PR strategy. Topics include strategy frameworks, goals, objectives, stakeholders and channels.
- Format: two half-day live online training sessions on consecutive days (Monday-Tuesday).
- Schedule: see “upcoming start dates” for the next start date.
- Duration: each interactive online class lasts 3.5 hours including a mid-session break.
- Interface: high-definition live videoconference with enhanced training features.
- Content: best-practice briefings, videos, interactive workshops and high-level discussions.
- Timing: each session starts at 09:00 GMT = 10:00 London time (BST) = 13:00 Dubai time (GST).
If you would like us to run this course at a different time, please get in touch.
This module covers the guiding principles that underlie every strong communications and PR strategy.
- Guiding ideas, principles, issues and concepts for communication strategy design
- Using communication to manage reputation
- Using communication to influence stakeholders and behaviour
- Approaches and models for communication strategy development
- Checklists and processes
This module presents clear tools and methodologies that you can use to ensure that your communication strategy targets key audience groups effectively.
- Concepts and definitions
- Identifying, grouping and prioritising stakeholders
- Stakeholder mapping
- Audience segmentation
Channels and tactics
This module reviews the range and applications of communication channels available and best practice for their application.
- Types of communication channel
- PR tactics: strengths, weaknesses and applications
- Creating a channel strategy: targeting channels for stakeholders
- Channel segmentation
Positioning and messages
This module covers how to focus and distil complex or nuanced ideas into simple, strong and clear messages that resonate with stakeholders.
- Message development
- Strategic positioning
- Proof points: hard and soft evidence
- Messages in action
Who should attend?
This is an intermediate-level course designed for learners with existing knowledge and several years of experience in communications or PR. Learning is pitched at a level to help you develop strategic approaches and apply sophisticated techniques. This course is recommended for communication professionals up to manager or director level, either agency or in-house, who may be required to create or supervise a communication strategy for their own organisation or for a client.
What you will learn
After this course you will be able to:
- Analyse, map and prioritise your organisation’s stakeholders
- Select the most effective communication channels for your messages
- Conduct a communications audit and situation analysis for your organisation
- Compose effective messages and positioning for your organisation
- Define appropriate communications goals and objectives
- Bring it all together in a clear, concise, integrated communication strategy