25% off selected dates
This two-part live online communication management course covers how to run PR teams and campaigns. You will learn to plan operations, define roles, design systems, manage agencies and organise a press office. Topics include developing campaign planning, platforms, measurement, policies, processes, resources and materials.
- Format: two half-day live online training sessions on consecutive days (Monday-Tuesday).
- Schedule: see “upcoming start dates” for the next start date.
- Duration: each interactive online class lasts 3.5 hours including a mid-session break.
- Interface: high-definition live videoconference with enhanced training features.
- Content: best-practice briefings, videos, interactive workshops and high-level discussions.
- Timing: each session starts at 09:00 GMT = 10:00 London time (BST) = 13:00 Dubai time (GST).
If you would like us to run this course at a different time, please get in touch.
PR and communications campaign planning
This module covers practical approaches and tools that you can use to lay sound foundations for campaigns that execute smoothly and deliver results.
- Principles and approaches to communication campaign planning
- Planning toolbox: practical techniques for campaign design
- Tactic selection: choosing the right mix of PR tools
- Time planning: traditional (GANTT) and online (integrated digital) tools
- Resource planning: predicting what you will need to make it happen
Campaign platforms and measurement
This module looks at how to further segment PR channels, how to choose the right campaign platforms and how to measure the success of your work.
- PR channels and tools
- Channel segmentation
- Creative campaign platforms
- Measuring communication success
Strategic and operational press office management
This module covers best practice in running a press office and the policies, procedures and protocols required.
- Role of the press office
- Goals and objectives
- Protocols and policies
- Workflow management
Leading and managing PR teams and agencies
This module covers how to structure, organise, develop and motivate a team of communication professionals.
- Team roles and workflow
- Nurturing and leading your team
- Leadership core competencies
- Working with PR agencies
- Setting performance KPIs
Who should attend?
This is an advanced-level course designed for learners in senior roles, aspiring to mastery and innovation. Learning is pitched at a level to help you to synthesise best practice and direct strategic implementation. This course is recommended for senior communications professionals responsible for designing or supervising a press office or communication team for any kind of organisation. It is suitable for anyone responsible for managing communication campaigns and programmes at a senior level.
What you will learn
After this course you will be able to:
- Analyse the roles and functions of an ideal communication department
- Articulate and implement strong guiding principles for press office management
- Create and adapt high quality policies, procedures, materials and resources
- Improve the efficient running of your own communication department
- Design and implement best-practice measurement and evaluation systems
- Manage and lead a PR team effectively