This five-day negotiation course covers proven and systematic strategies to gain advantage. You will learn to define negotiating positions, manage relationships and dynamics. Topics include evidence-based strategies for interpersonal persuasion and influence.
This is an intermediate-level course designed for learners with existing knowledge and several years of experience. Learning is pitched at a level to help you develop strategic approaches and apply sophisticated techniques.
- Understand the processes necessary for successful negotiations.
- Understand the difference between transactional, collaborative and creative negotiation.
- Understand the value of planning and preparing to achieve win-win results.
- Analyse and develop your range of interpersonal and behavioral skills that are crucial for a successful negotiation.
- Identify the most appropriate approach when negotiating across a range of issues and with a range of parties.
- Understand the importance of thorough planning and preparation when crafting your negotiations.
- Design a robust negotiation process that works for you.
- Understand the importance of your behaviour when negotiating.
- Manage emotion and motivate towards a win-win outcome.
- Use the appropriate communication approach when negotiating up, across and down the organisational chart.
Day 1: Essential Negotiation Skills
- Core Skills and the Negotiation Process
- The Essential Steps of the Negotiation Process
- The Behavioural Skills of a Good Negotiator
Days 2-3: Advanced Negotiation Skills
- Developing Negotiation Behaviours
- The Biology and Psychology of Stressful Negotiations
- Eight-Step Approach to Workplace Negotiations
Day 5: Persuasion and Influence