Principles of internal communication
This module explores and defines the core principles and defining concepts that underlie practical and strategic internal communications.
- Strategic role of internal communications
- Principles of change management
- Rationale for investing in internal communications
- Business benefits
- Mechanisms through which internal communication adds value: motivation, productivity and knowledge sharing
- Management visibility
- Recruitment and retention
Internal communication strategy and planning
This module covers how to create an internal communication strategy complete with organisational systems and a practical action plan.
- Defining your organisation’s value set
- Aligning internal communications with business goals
- Organisational models for internal communications
- Defining goals and objectives for internal communications
- Internal communications research tools (e.g. employee focus groups and internal surveys.)
- Evaluating internal communications
Internal communication platforms and channels
This module presents a toolbox of practical internal communication techniques and channels.
- Internal communications systems and processes
- Internal projects and campaigns
- Newsletters, posters, environmental branding, brand collateral
- Online internal communications: intranets, internal blogs
- Face to face: team meetings, staff events etc.
Internal communication campaigns and programmes
This module is a how-to guide to launching internal communication programmes, based on case studies of award-winning campaigns from around the world.
- Creating and rolling out internal brands
- Managing internal values campaigns
- Multimedia internal campaigns including web video
- Recognition and reward programmes
- Employee performance showcasing
- Alignment of internal communications with corporate responsibility
- Community engagement and volunteering programmes