This one-day Internal Communications training course runs in a compressed format 09:00-14:00 as part of the ISOC Ramadan programme. It covers employee communications from strategy to execution. You will learn best practice in building internal communication strategies that raise motivation, productivity and collaboration. Topics include internal communication strategy, planning, platforms, tools and campaigns. You will build a toolkit of techniques for internal campaigns as well as everyday employee engagement, including online innovations.
This course covers the following modules:
- Principles of internal communication
- Internal communication strategy and planning
- Internal communication platforms and channels
- Internal communication campaigns and programmes
This is an intermediate-level course designed for learners with existing knowledge and several years of experience in communications or PR. Learning is pitched at a level to help you develop strategic approaches and apply sophisticated techniques. This course is recommended for managers, executives, communication and PR professionals required to design, manage or evaluate internal communications strategies, campaigns or activities.
After this course you will be able to:
- Define and articulate the strategic principles and rational for internal communications
- Create an internal communication strategy for your organisation
- Design organisational systems and a practical action plan for internal communication
- Deploy internal communication across all of the key channels and platforms using a toolbox of techniques
- Create, manage and roll out internal communication campaigns and programmes
- Promote employee engagement and management visibility
Principles of internal communication
This module explores and defines the core principles and defining concepts that underlie practical and strategic internal communications.
- Strategic role of internal communications
- Principles of change management
- Rationale for investing in internal communications
- Business benefits
- Mechanisms through which internal communication adds value: motivation, productivity and knowledge sharing
- Management visibility
- Recruitment and retention
Internal communication strategy and planning
This module covers how to create an internal communication strategy complete with organisational systems and a practical action plan.
- Defining your organisation’s value set
- Aligning internal communications with business goals
- Organisational models for internal communications
- Defining goals and objectives for internal communications
- Internal communications research tools (e.g. employee focus groups and internal surveys.)
- Evaluating internal communications
Internal communication platforms and channels
This module presents a toolbox of practical internal communication techniques and channels.
- Internal communications systems and processes
- Internal projects and campaigns
- Newsletters, posters, environmental branding, brand collateral
- Online internal communications: intranets, internal blogs
- Face to face: team meetings, staff events etc.
Internal communication campaigns and programmes
This module is a how-to guide to launching internal communication programmes, based on case studies of award-winning campaigns from around the world.
- Creating and rolling out internal brands
- Managing internal values campaigns
- Multimedia internal campaigns including web video
- Recognition and reward programmes
- Employee performance showcasing
- Alignment of internal communications with corporate responsibility
- Community engagement and volunteering programmes
Internal Communications is a standalone course — but you can also take it as part of one of the following longer Programmes: