Practical Event Management is a one-day corporate event management course. It covers the strategy, design, planning and delivery of smooth and professional events. Topics range from the essentials of preparation to the realities of delivery and troubleshooting under pressure. You will learn hands-on skills and tricks of the trade from veteran event managers, based on a how-to approach and practical checklists.
This course covers the following modules:
- Creating event concepts
- Practical event design
- Systematic event planning
- Professional event execution
This is a universal course designed for learners at different levels and in a range of roles. Learning is pitched at a core level, designed to help you analyse core concepts and execute universal skills.
This course is recommended for professionals from all kinds of organisations who need to organise smooth and professional events to achieve positive publicity.
NOTE: this course includes guidance on handling the media at events and touches briefly on news conferences, but it is not specifically about media events. These are covered in detail in another course: Press Conference Management.
After this course, you will be able to:
- Create a strong concept and strategy for an event
- Choose the most appropriate format, scale, venue and identity for an event
- Design an engaging programme of content for your event
- Plan and prepare all aspects of event logistics and practicalities
- Manage the delivery of an event on the day
Creating event concepts
This module covers laying the strategic foundations of a successful event by selecting a strong format and concept for your PR event.
- Creating a strategic event concept
- The PR events toolbox: 25 types of PR event
- Media and non-media events
This module is a how-to guide to essential ingredients and processes used to design events, based on practical checklists and best practice systems.
- Key components of event design
- Building a programme of content
- Selecting the right venue
- Planning and managing room layouts
- Commissioning staging and signage
- Preparing collateral and branded materials
Event planning and preparation
This module explores best-practice approaches to practical event planning through a hands-on approach to tools and tactics.
- Mapping out a timeline and critical path
- Organising back-office systems
- Planning for publicity and media
- Sending invitations
- Preparing, printing and compiling delegate packs
- Planning event logistics
Making it shine on the day: practical event execution
This module covers the realities of managing a major event, with insider tips on ensuring smooth delivery and handling unexpected mishaps.
- Preparing and working with a running schedule
- Last-minute checks
- Speaker management
- Delegate management
- Managing the online space
Practical Event Management is a standalone course — but you can also take it as part of one of the following longer Programmes: