Handling the Media in a Crisis runs in a compressed format 09:00-14:00 as part of the ISOC Ramadan programme.This crash-course version of our flagship crisis media communication course covers how to engage the press during a PR crisis and how to take control of communication in the crucial early moments after a negative news event.
You will learn to activate crisis systems quickly, develop positioning on the fly, take charge of the news media, and manage the online space. Training includes videotaped crisis TV interview coaching.
This course covers the following modules:
- Seizing the golden hour
- Crisis positioning
- Online crisis communication
- Crisis media engagement
This is an advanced-level course designed for learners in senior roles, aspiring to mastery and innovation. Learning is pitched at a level to help you to synthesise best practice and direct strategic implementation. This course is recommended for anyone who may be involved in the media and online communication response to a crisis affecting their organisation, either behind the scenes or as a spokesperson.
After this course you will be able to:
- Manage your organisation’s communication during and after an event that threatens its reputation
- Create crisis messages, positioning and response tactics response rapidly and decisively
- Engage confidently with journalists and in online social media at the height of a negative news crisis
- Represent your organisation effectively even in the most challenging of crisis interviews
Handling the Media in a Crisis is a standalone course — but you can also take it as part of one of the following longer Programmes: