Copy-writing for persuasion
This module covers the core principles of writing effective opinion pieces for publication.
- Ghost-writing OpEds on behalf of senior individuals in your organisation
- Selecting and refining messages and news angles for OpEds
- Opportunistic news writing response: letters to the editor
- Workshop: plan and outline an opinion editorial for your organisation
Copy-writing for colour
This module covers the core principles of writing effective case studies, profiles and biographies.
- Bring messages to life by adding reality, personality and colour
- The case study writing formula: problem-solution-result
- People writing: profiles and biographies
- Workshop: plan and outline a case study for your organisation
Copy-writing for depth
This module covers how to select and plan concepts and topics for features, annual reports and other extended formats.
- Six practical structure tools and techniques for long-form writing
- Ideation and development for longer articles
- Planning, negotiating and placing features in news publications
- Workshop: plan and outline a news feature for your organisation with coaching and feedback
Copy-writing for voice
This module covers writing for the spoken word, such as speeches and video scripts.
- Writing for the lung, not the eye: special considerations
- Principles of spoken vs written language
- Developing scripts for a particular voice
- Video scripts and presentation scripts