Day 1: Advanced communication strategy
This one-day module covers strategy at manager and director level, including creating and deploying sophisticated strategies for complex situations, large organisations, multiple countries and brands.
- Evidence-based communication strategy: how to measure and prove the value of communication
- Advanced strategy tools and concepts: specialised techniques for developing complex PR strategies
- Justifying strategy: securing management support: how to get support from the top for ambitious PR strategies
- Rolling out and managing a communication strategy: the systematic process of creating and deploying a PR strategy
Day 2: Strategic media engagement
This one-day module covers sophisticated approaches to media relations that will enable PR professionals with some media experience to take their career to the next level.
- Creative news and media management: how to generate creative news angles and secure prominent coverage even for borderline stories
- Innovative media engagement tactics: how to engage journalists using innovative techniques
- Online media relations: how to conduct media relations on the Web and align media relations work with online social media
- Preparing and coaching spokespeople: how to brief and debrief spokespeople so that they perform effectively in interviews
Day 3: Handling the media in a crisis
This one-day module covers how to take control of communication in the crucial early moments after a negative news event.
- Seizing the golden hour
- Crisis positioning
- Online crisis communication
- Crisis media engagement
Day 4: Internal communications
This module covers how to plan, design and deploy communications campaigns aimed at employees and colleagues
- Internal tools and tactics
- Case studies of successful internal engagement
- Recognition and reward
- Communicating corporate values
- Change management
- Employee motivation and engagement
- Overcoming common pitfalls
Day 5: Advanced communications and PR management
This one-day module covers best practice in designing and managing communication departments and directing major PR campaigns.
- Managing a strategic PR department: best practice in running a PR function, from the perspective of communication managers and directors
- Policies, processes, materials and resources: how to design operational systems based on best practice
- Advanced communication programme management: how to lead and manage high-profile PR and communications programmes that deliver results against communication strategies
- Campaign budgeting and financial management: how to plan and manage budgets for communication departments and campaigns