Principles and essentials of communication strategy
This module covers the guiding principles that underlie every strong communications and PR strategy.
- Guiding ideas, principles, issues and concepts for communication strategy design
- Using communication to manage reputation
- Using communication to influence stakeholders and behaviour
- Approaches and models for communication strategy development
- Checklists and processes
Stakeholder mapping and channel segmentation
This module presents clear tools and methodologies that you can use to ensure that your communication strategy targets key audience groups effectively.
- Concepts and definitions
- Identifying, grouping and prioritising stakeholders
- Stakeholder mapping
- Audience segmentation
Channels and tactics
This module reviews the range and applications of communication channels available and best practice for their application.
- Types of communication channel
- PR tactics: strengths, weaknesses and applications
- Creating a channel strategy: targeting channels for stakeholders
- Channel segmentation
Positioning and messages
This module covers how to focus and distil complex or nuanced ideas into simple, strong and clear messages that resonate with stakeholders.
- Message development
- Strategic positioning
- Proof points: hard and soft evidence
- Messages in action