Advanced Communications and PR Management is a one-day communication management training course for PR professionals. It covers best practice in designing communication departments, managing PR teams and directing campaigns. You will learn to structure PR teams and roles, design processes and systems and organise a press office. You will master advanced techniques for overseeing complex communication programmes.
This course covers the following modules:
- Strategic management for communications and PR departments
- Operational communication management: policies, processes and resources
- Programme management, measurement and evaluation
- Managing and leading a PR team
This is an advanced-level course designed for learners in senior roles, aspiring to mastery and innovation. Learning is pitched at a level to help you to synthesise best practice and direct strategic implementation.
This course is recommended for senior communications professionals responsible for designing or supervising a press office or communication team for any kind of organisation. It is suitable for anyone responsible for managing communication campaigns and programmes at a senior level.
After this course you will be able to:
- Analyse the roles and functions of an ideal communication department
- Articulate and implement strong guiding principles for press office management
- Create and adapt high quality policies, procedures, materials and resources
- Improve the efficient running of your own communication department
- Design and implement best-practice measurement and evaluation systems
- Manage and lead a PR team effectively
Strategic management for communications and PR departments
This module covers best practice in running a PR function, from the perspective of communication managers and directors.
- Role of the press office
- Best practice principles
- Goals and objectives
- Success factors
Operational communication management: policies, processes and resources
This module covers how to design operational systems and resources based on best practice from successful organisations and practical templates.
- Protocols and policies
- Materials and resources
- Workflow management
Programme management, measurement and evaluation
This module covers how to measure, analyse and evaluate the impact and value of high-profile PR and communications programmes.
- Rationale and challenges
- Trends and best practice
- Measurable objectives
- Metrics and tools
Managing and leading a PR team
This module covers how to structure, organise, develop and motivate a team of communication professionals.
- Team roles and workflow
- Nurturing and leading your team
- Leadership core competencies
- Budgeting for people
Advanced Communications and PR Management is a standalone course — but you can also take it as part of one of the following longer Programmes: