This practical two-day workshop explores in detail the stages of strategic purchasing and procurement, from initial discussions with stakeholders all the way through to the research, selection and management of suppliers.
The strategic approach is usually accompanied by longer-term partnerships, and so you will look at how to achieve value for everyone involved in the deal. You will master tools and approaches that will allow you to get the best out of your suppliers. You will feel equipped to deal with more complex and business-critical procurement projects.
Throughout the course, you will be asked to develop your own approach to strategic purchasing so that you can ensure that goods or services are purchased in a professional, sustainable and effective manner.
This course contains the following modules:
- Understanding purchasing strategy and leadership
- The strategic purchasing cycle
- Procurement strategies
- Supplier engagement and performance management
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the importance of a strategic approach to purchasing and the key activities involved.
- Be able to research the market and collate the data that is most critical to adding value from your purchasing activity
- Develop a supplier engagement and leadership strategy
- Manage negotiations to achieve supplier partnerships that create value for both your organisation and your strategic suppliers
- Apply these principles to the needs of your own organisation
Understanding purchasing strategy and leadership
- What does it mean and how does your organisation measure up?
- An overview of the Strategic Purchasing cycle
Strategic purchasing cycle
- Spend analysis
- Understanding the value of your suppliers
- Supplier market intelligence
- Developing supplier selection criteria
- Portfolio analysis
- Making the in-sourcing vs outsourcing decision
- Understanding Framework Agreements and their uses
- Supplier selection options
- Negotiation strategies
Supplier engagement and performance management
- Strategies for supplier partnership
- Developing a supplier engagement strategy
- Preparing for contract exit